VISIT ARIZCUREN URBAN WINERY [LOGROÑO]
The urban winery was born in 2016, a space converted into a place for winemaking and aging. The whole process is developed by hand in a series of multipurpose rooms.
An open-door project for all those who want to learn about the way Arizcuren wines are made, cared for and experienced, made from minority varieties of the Rioja Qualified Designation of Origin, with the aim of recovering the traditional values of the Rioja Baja and preserving the memory and wine-growing heritage of La Sierra de Yerga.
Visiting the winery allows:
- The opportunity to get to know an artisanal way of understanding the production and aging of wine in a winery in the urban area of the capital, in which Javier Arizcuren has combined vocation and craft, viticulture and architecture, creating a space for the production and aging of his wines.
- Located in the center of Logroño, a 10-minute walk from most of the restaurants and accommodations in the city, allowing you to visit it comfortably without a car.
- Visit the Arizcuren family's historic vineyards in the Sierra de Yerga, in Eastern Rioja. Good winegrowers bring the landscapes of their vineyards to the bottle and make us dream of those lands. This is what Arizcuren wines are like
- Enjoying the "charm of the small", the culture of detail in the world of wine, of small vineyards worked with the traditional know-how handed down by the ancestors, in a reinvented space, which finds references mainly in the Urban Cellar distributed by some of the most important capitals of the world; New York, Paris, London among others.
- Tasting the wines of small production, but very big in character, as endorsed by the scores of the main wine guides (Parker, Atkin, Suckling...), or being present in the menus of more than 30 Michelin-starred restaurants, such as Etxebarri, Azurmendi, Atrio, Echaurren or Maemo in Norway.